We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The NPPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information. A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au.
- To the extent Aboriginal Art Co is required by law to do so, it may collect Your Information and verify your identity before Aboriginal Art Co can trade with you.
- By using the Website, or opening an Account with Aboriginal Art Co you agree to be bound by the following terms:
- Aboriginal Art Co will collect Your Information only by lawful and fair means;
- Aboriginal Art Co may also be necessary to collect Your Information from third parties, including credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and other government entities, and identify verification providers;
- Aboriginal Art Co collect and hold, use and disclose Your Information for purposes including the following:
- to allow you to open an Account;
- to provide Products and related services to you;
- to enable Aboriginal Art Co to perform its obligations to you and to ensure that you perform your obligations to Aboriginal Art Co;
- for communicating with you, including sending you information about Products and services;
- to maintain a credit information file on you and to carry out a credit assessment on you;
- to establish your bona fides;
- for the investigation of suspected unlawful, fraudulent or other improper activity connected with the use of our Products and services; and
- to comply with our legal and statutory obligations, including our obligations relating to identity verification and reporting under the Anti-Money
- Laundering and Counter Terrorism Act 2006 (Cth), our licensing obligations under other applicable laws.
- By opening an Account and providing Your Information you consent to Your Information being used by Aboriginal Art Co.
- Aboriginal Art Co may disclose Your Information to third parties as follows:
- to a credit reporting agency;
- to Aboriginal Art Co’s contractors and external service providers associated with the operation of our business;/li>
- to law enforcement agencies to assist in the prevention of criminal activities;
- to government and regulatory authorities and other organisations as required or authorised by law or otherwise permitted under the Privacy Act 1988 Cth;
- Aboriginal Art Co may disclose Your Information to a credit reporting agency for the purpose of obtaining an assessment of whether that personal information so disclosed matches (in whole or in part) the personal information held by the credit reporting agency. This process assists Aboriginal Art Co in verifying your identity as required by the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Act 2006.
- The credit reporting agency may prepare and provide Aboriginal Art Co with such an assessment and may use Your Information as contained in any credit information file relating to you and other individuals for the purposes of preparing that assessment.
- Aboriginal Art Co will take reasonable steps to protect Your Information it collects and ensure that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
A cookie is a small text file that is saved to and retrieved from your computer or mobile device. If you use our site and have cookies on your browser, we understand this as accepting our usage of cookies.
- We may use temporary or permanent cookies when you access our website.
- We use both first and third party cookies to collect statistics and user data to optimize our site and to present you with relevant marketing material.
- Data forwarded to third parties is only used to optimize our site and to present you with relevant marketing material. These include: MailChimp, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr and Twitter.
If you do not wish to receive unsolicited information about future products or services from us, then please inform us in the manner specified on our website or email us as indicated above simply stating: unsubscribe, or click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of an email to stop receiving marketing emails, regarding new collections, offers, promotions, or news of sales from us.
If now or in the future our website facilitates you sending us information, images, comment or data of any nature by email or otherwise which is then displayed on any notice board, open discussion forum or similar communally accessible and interactive site, you must ensure that such material is not defamatory or offensive, untrue, racially offensive or an incitement to racial hatred or otherwise in breach of an individual’s right to privacy or human rights or actionable in law in any jurisdiction.
In the event that you do post such material on our website, such consequences that may directly or indirectly follow will be entirely your responsibility and not ours, and you agree to indemnity and hold us harmless from any action or consequences that may arise in such circumstances.
In the event that we receive any material from you that in our view (whether reasonable or unreasonable) is potentially actionable or otherwise objectionable, we reserve the right to withdraw the material without notice or reason, and without giving rise to any claim by you against us for so doing.
All information that you supply to us under any circumstances shall be to the best of your knowledge and belief, true and accurate, and not misleading in any manner.
Any notice, request, demand or other communication may be sent to your postal or electronic address last notified to Aboriginal Art Co and the notice, request, demand or other communication shall be taken to have been received by you if sent by prepaid letter on the Business Day following posting and if sent by facsimile or other electronic means when sent.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed in a number of circumstances including the following:
- Third parties where you consent to the use or disclosure; and
- Where required or authorised by law.
Security of Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse, loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
Access to your Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing firstname.lastname@example.org
"60,000 years of continuous artistic expression is powerful."